css templates

Community Resources
(Click on the blue links to access these websites)

For more information click organization's name. Please note: Services may be limited to residents of certain areas. Links will open in a new window.

* Partnership for Prescription Assistance
* Patient Advocate Foundation's Co-Pay Relief Program: (Must have insurance and income must be below 500 percent of federal povery guidelines)
* Prevent Blindness Texas: (eye exams, glasses, safety, glaucoma checks)
* Promises Community Ministries: (Counseling and other services)
* The Women's Center: (Rape Crisis and Victim Services)
* Recovery Resource Council: (Counseling services and resources for alcohol/substance abuse.)
* The Hope Center: (Financial assistance for prescription and medical needs. Part of Catholic Charities Fort Worth. May be limited to certain areas.)
* Tarrant County Public Health Department: (Vaccinations, disease prevention, smoking cessation)
* Johnson County Public Health Department: (Indigent healthcare. Check website for financial qualifications.)
* The Bridge: A ministry of Westhill Church of Christ in Cleburne. Prescription and financial assistance.
* Call 211 Texas 
* Texas Health Community Connect: Type in your zip code to find programs serving people in that zip code.
 * H.O.P.E. Medical Clinic: 817-641-5858
For residents of Johnson and Hill counties. Limited dental services for those with limited or no health insurance.

Dental Resources

* Texas A&M College of Dentistry: a teaching institution in which treatment is performed by students and supervised by licensed clinical faculty.
* Dental Health Arlington: clinic provides dental care to low-income individuals and families to help them avoid future health issues and emergency dental problems.
* H.O.P.E. Dental Clinic: 817-641-5858
For residents of Johnson and Hill counties. Limited dental services for those with limited or no health insurance.
* Tarrant County College Dental Hygiene Clinic: 817-515-6641 828 West Harwood Rd. Hurst TX 76054 Students provide services in a dedicated clinic. The clinic services are strictly preventative. A one time fee of $10 is charged for services provided during each semester. Students preform all services and work under the direct supervision of full time and part time licensed faculty. Services provided: *Prophylaxis (cleaning of teeth) *Full Mouth X-Rays *Panoramic X-Rays *Pit and Fissure sealants & bite wings *Seven vertical bite wings *Preventatve counseling sessions.  

*Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) program: 218 S Ridgeway Dr. Cleburne TX 76033 817-224-2248 (ex:8) We provide free assistance with education, including help paying for GED testing, applying for financial aid, and scholarship opportunities.
*Operation Blessing: 105 George St. Cleburne TX 817-645-8511
food, clothing, furniture, RX 
*Promises Community Ministries: 140 NW Renfro St. Burleson TX 817-295-9384
food, clothing vouchers, bills, RX 
*Crowley House of Hope: 216 N Magnolia, Crowley TX 817-297-6400
food, clothing
*Salvation Army: 111 S Anglin St. Cleburne TX 817-558-1296
bills, rent, gas, water, food, household items, Christmas program, school supplies, V.B.S
*Texas Neighborhood Services: 118 W Heard St. Cleburne TX 817-598-5700
bill crisis
*Heart For The Kids: 342 SW Alsbury Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028 817-447-2923 Providing assistance for under-privileged children. Main programs consist of Back To School and Christmas Programs. Assistance available year round. 
*The Bridge Benevolence Center/Westhill Church of Christ: 401 E Henderson St. Cleburne TX  817-645-6819  bills, food, clothing, RX, gas vouchers
*Action Community Services: Apt Line- 817-392-5790
utility assistance for Tarrant County residents
*First United Methodist Church of Cleburne: 1300 Westhill Cleburne TX 817-645-6392
rent, utilities
*Keene Community Services: 201 Fairview St. Keene TX 817-641-9804
financial assistance (Keene residents only)
*New Hope Church 972-366-1977
Soup Kitchen on Wednesday nights
*Low-Income Energy Assistance Program: 1-866-674-6327
bills, energy crisis, weatherization and energy related home repairs. Preference is given to elderly, disabled, and homes with children under 6. This is a service of the National Energy Assistance Referral Project.
*Oncor Low-Income Weatherization Program: 1-866-728-3674
Free for clients in Oncor's service territory
*Methodist Justice Ministry: Jodie Connaughton 750 West 5th St. Ft. Worth TX 76102
817-339-2407 jconnaughton@myfumc.org FREE LEGAL AID 

*TexVet.org is a state-funded information and referral service, specifically for Texas’ military and their families.
We have veteran-focused resource guides for Johnson and Tarrant counties at:
…and a clickable map with resource guides for every county in Texas at:

* Your Texas Benefits: State benefit programs help people with little or no money who are in need. 
*Tarrant County Human Services: 817-531-5620
utilities, rent, mortgage (Tarrant County Residents)
*Call 211 Texas or 1-877-541-7905 for State Benefit Services in your area
*Public Utility Commision: 1-888-782-8477
complaints/problems with your electric provider (PUCI) (Public Utility Commision Investigator
*Family Violence Program: You can get a ride to a safe place, find shelter, legal help or a job, recieve counseling. Call - 1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-SAFE) (TTY 1-800-787-3224)
*Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Program: You can get help quitting, dealing with crisis, or keeping others from using drugs or alcohol. Call - 1-877-966-3784 (1-877-NO DRUG)
*Texas Workforce Network: 817-641-6201  You can get help looking for a job, finding a job, and building your resume.
*Adult Education and Family Literacy Program: Do you want help learning to read or obtaining your GED. Job skills, or learning to speak English. Call - 1-800-441-7323 or (1-800-411-READ)
*Health Insurance Premium Payment Program: Do you need help paying for your health insurance. Call - 1-800-440-0493 Or write: Texas Health and Human Services Commision TMHP-HIPP PO Box 201120 Austin TX 78720-1120
*Family Planning: Men and Women can get help with birth control or other health care. Women age 15-44 who can't get Medicaid or CHIP might be able to get services in the Healthy Texas Women Program. A parent or legal guardian must apply for young women age 15-17. To learn more go to HealthyTexasWomen.org or Call - 1-866-993-9972
*WIC: Women, Infants and Children Program helps pregnant and new mothers, get food and formula for you and your baby or children, and helps with vaccines.
Call - 1-800-942-3678